What we are doing
We are focusing on collaborative approaches to improve access to and the standards of mental health care by breaking down the barriers between physical and mental health services. We are supporting people with severe and enduring mental illness and improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people.
- Giving every child the best start in life: mental health and wellbeing (including maternity and perinatal).
- Supporting local systems to develop and implement integrated models of care (implementation of community mental health framework for adults and older adults).
- Improving parity of esteem (valuing mental health equally with physical health) to reduce the mortality gap for people with mental health, learning disability and autism conditions).
- Reducing the life impact of mental health, learning disability and autism conditions (which includes creating and developing healthy and sustainable places and communities).
- Preventing and delivering the 'Zero Suicide Ambition'
Signpost NENC is a mental health and wellbeing hub for people across the North East and North Cumbria and provides people with reliable sources of information about local mental health services and support available in their local area.
Who is involved
Senior Responsible Officer: Levi Buckley
Transformation Director Mental Health Learning Disabilities and Autism: Kate O’Brien
Deputy Transformation Director Mental Health: Scott Vigurs
A governance structure is in place to enable operational, transformational and clinical actions to progress in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders.